What is FPX Software?
Why is FPX Software unique?
About The FPX Software
- The FPX software has been developed to operate Flying Probe machines to conduct electrical defect analysis on the bare PCBs prior to assembly.
- The FPX software was developed to comply with IPC-9252 test standards.
- Utilizes input formats MNF 1 and MNF 2 as well as IPC 356
- GUI is multi-language supported i.e., English, Chinese, German, Japanese.
- Requires Windows 10 (64-bit) to operate. This allows all network functionalities available on the Windows 10 Operating System.
- Researched and developed in Germany.
- FPX can be installed on all Gardien Flying Probes, most Mania Style Flying Probe and most derivatives of Mania machines.
- FPX allows the same GUI to be installed on different machines, minimizing the training and maximizing operational performance.
- FPX supports PCB handling automation.
FPX Key Features
Here are some of the key features of Gardien’s FPX Software
- Superior X/Y accuracy is achieved by the advanced algorithms that detect special light particles called a blob. The information from this precision detection is used to calibrate all axi. The enhanced calibrations meets the rising demands for smaller target zones.
- The process of probe to camera calibration also incorporates the Z axis to add an additional accuracy component.
- The fully automated “Re-align all” process will detect slight variations in the probe tip to camera, this will ensure the probe tip continuously contacts the desired location on the PCB.
Increased Reliability Self Checks
- The software validates the electronics before starting each test cycle. The validation is fast, accurate and ensures all test sequences used in the test are within the specified parameters.
- A manual triggered self diagnose PCB can be installed on machine to validate all ranges for all possible electrical tests.
- The job import function reviews incoming data for:
- Netlist integrity
- Test point validation
- Mid point reviews
- Drill validation
- Adjacency coverage
- Indirect reference nets
- Validation that hardware is capable of executing the defined information in the import file.
- Job parameter screens easily display all relevant parameter information. Users with the correct access level can adjust parameters. Users without the correct access level are locked out.
- Multiple alignment options are available i.e., by test, by part or by user specified region
- IPC 9252 identifies Direct testing as a resistance-based test where each test point is tested for continuity and discontinuity as defined by the adjacency information.
- IPC 9252 identifies Indirect testing as signature comparison where each nets capacitance is measured and compared to a master. Any discrepancies are validated using direct methods.
- FPX’s advanced capacitance algorithms use various input factors to determine a networks capacitance range. The ranges are analyzed with different features based on the specific ranges. This allows for greater accuracy and faster result times.
- Barrel test allows for specified hole sizes to be measure from component to solder sider of the PCB. This test detects voids in the holes. (4-Wire Kelvin test is excluded in this test method)
- PCB fabrication can create some sliver shorts that can migrate and cause defects in the final product. The standard electrical test process sometimes applies excessive current to these shorts leaving residue that can affect the performance of the final product. FPX uses a customized algorithm to detect these sliver shorts before any current is applied to the PCB. The test method is called Micro-Short Detection it is the most advanced short sensing in the industry.
- Special rail design that allows for multiple PCB’s to be inserted at once.
- Advanced alignment feature detects board’s placement for ease of alignment.
- This feature enables the Flying Probe to identify different jobs on the same PCB, greatly reducing handling times and risks of product damage through handling.
- Alignment for Region and sub region during multi panel test
- The Flying probe is also able to determine compatibility.
- Specially designed stretch frame with individual stretch sections allow for the flexibility to meets today’s manufacturing requirements.
- The frame can be set up to manually or automatically stretch.
- Special PCB detection built into the machine ensures that the probes will contact the desired location on the PCB.
- Virtually no electrical test witness marks shown on the PCB while ensuring reliable contact to the surface of the PCB
- Selectable probe compression
- Automatic analyzing of the PCB surface
- The barcode system management allows for test results to be identified to a particular PCB.
- Various options can be printed on the tag or keep it simple with just a barcode. The backend of the system stores all relevant test data.
- Test Parameters
- Job Names
- PCB Serial Number
- Measure values
- On multiple parts in the same test cycle a map of the defects.
- Managing defective PCBs on test floor can be a challenging task. With the incorporation of barcodes and databases in the Test Floor Integration (TFI), simplification to this cumbersome task can be achieved.
- Defective PCBs identified on the fixture testers can simply have the defect validated on the flying probe machines via FPX & TFI.
FPX Options - Add-Ons
Gardien’s FPX software provides variety of options or add-ons. Here are is the brief details about the FPX options and Add-ons.
- The embedded component option has two unique sections
- Detailed readings are available via the simple create report function
- Embedded resistors may be oriented in series, parallel, or mixed networks. The software measures the values and reports a pass or fail based on the reading/tolerances.
- Embedded resistor values may range from 3 Ohms to 5 Kilo Ohm
- Tolerance and range are defined by the machine’s hardware
- Embedded capacitor or defined by various factors in the fabrication process.
- Embedded Capacitance range up to 30.000 pF
- Tolerance and range is defined by the machine hardware.
- The dielectric withstanding option validates the insulation between planes or planes to conductors.
- It is a high voltage test
- Various voltage options available from 20 Vdc to 6000 Vac
- Parameters to adjust:
- Start Voltages
- Ramp up time
- Actual test voltages
- Dwell time
- AC or DC
- Sense current limit
- Insulation resistance is the ratio of the voltage to the total leakage resistance between two conductors.
- Various voltage options available from 300 Vdc to 6000 Vac
- The adjustable parameters are the same as Hipot except the sense limit is in resistance.
- 4 Wire Kelvin Test is a high-resolution resistance (milliohm test) that will detect small impurities in copper. These impurities in capper will pass the conventual electrical test.
- The “real resistance” of the trace or via hole is measure precisely. The measurements are stored in database.
- The input file can contain the values and tolerance on each measurement, or the software can measure various PCBs to determine the values for each lot.
- Ease of use screens allow accurate control and easy changes to any comparison values.
- Detailed reports can be generated for each lot of PCBs.
- Inductance test is the measurement of an electromagnetic field. The software can measure inductance and leakage inductance.
- The measurement of inductance is also performed in low values, the 4-wire kelvin hardware must be present.
- The input file contains all measurable values, frequencies and desired results.
- The results screen displays the measured information for each measure step.
- The user with the correct access level can modify all defined parameters
- A detail report can be generated.
Using the outer layer information provided, the self learn feature will measure all accessible points on the board to generate a netlist which can be used for reverse engineering. (Need more explanation)
A netlist can be generated by with self-learn feature which can be used for reverse engg.
We offer our services under 2 distinct frameworks: the OnDemand Solution and the Integrate Solution.
Depending on your needs, you can either outsource specific testing requirements or we can completely run your test area or test department on your behalf. Contact us now and we’ll find the best solution for your business.